Monday, May 12, 2014

Clean as a Whistle

I should have taken before and after photos.  Please don't ask me why I didn't.  Especially considering I normally take a zillion photos of everything (insert pictures of our cats here).  But, in this case, I didn't.  I know, I know...next time.

The reason I should have photographic evidence is that this amazing shout out to one of our newest sponsors would be a LOT cooler - and I mean a LOT cooler - if I had the photos to prove how my bike went from a greasy dirty mess to spotlessly, shiny, hey-did-you-get-a-new-bike clean!

And, it's all thanks to ProGold!  Whoa.  This stuff is RAD.  I've been using the lube for a little while now, which is saying something since I've been a die hard T-9 lube junkie for years.  I've been using the Xtreme lube and I LOVE it.

But, yesterday, I got out the whole kit and caboodle.


I surveyed my options with a keen eye and a strong desire to just start spraying random stuff everywhere!  But, I controlled myself and decided to start simple... some bike wash for the frame and some foaming Citrus Degreaser for the chain, cogs, and other little smarmy areas.  The grease and grime came off so easily, I spent about 10 minutes wondering why I wasted so much time all these years.  No need to scrub with a toothbrush or with any other form of scrubbing tool.  Nope... just a little spray of citrus foam and the grease basically ran away screaming!  It was amazing!

I've used the bike wash a few times before, so I knew how awesome that was... but this was my first experience with the Pro Towels.  One of those got some goop off the frame that's been stuck on there for years!

I'm getting ready to head out for my weekly Monday evening ride.  I'm going to spit shine her with a little Bike Shine and then brag about how wicked awesome this stuff is to whoever will listen (and probably even those who won't)!

ProGold... you ROCK my world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment